A parasite is an organism that adapts to harmful conditions and can live in any part of the human body. Compiled a special treatment for parasites on the hair, in case the parasites live on the head. Moreover, these beings live in all internal organs, on the scalp and under the skin. This article will focus on the types, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of parasites in the human head.
Types and symptoms of hair parasites
There is a whole group of organisms that parasitize human hair. Their food ingredient is human tissue, i. e. skin, sebum, blood. Feeding on the tissues, the parasites feel itching, scalp pain, hair loss and significant discomfort. Such parasites are difficult not to detect and are extremely dangerous to human health.
Pediculosis, or in other words, lice, is familiar to all parents and children. The main risk group is school-age children. The main danger of lice is invisibility to the naked eye. They look like tiny bugs that can hide under the light skin of the human head because of the pale color of the body. Pits are lice eggs that stick firmly to the hair roots and are often difficult to get rid of. Nitas contain larvae. Lice are able to run quickly, mediated by direct contact with people, that is, by touching their heads, with hats or clothes. The bites are left behind and are most easily felt in the temples and in the back of the person.
Fleas are an omnivorous parasite
The flea was a former carrier of plague and typhus. It is most commonly inhabited by animal hair, but also occurs in humans. These are flaws of different shades - from yellow to dark brown. Fleas are classified according to the type of farmer. They are divided into the following types:
- Household: underwear; some.
- Other: dogs; feline; chicken; human; rat; ground.
Human fleas are versatile. They are able to feed on human, dog or cat blood. In addition, there are species that choose their habitat in the form of carpets, upholstered furniture. Such fleas are called domestic fleas. There are earth fleas in the yard that pose no danger to man because they do not feed on blood. The main danger of fleas is that they carry infectious diseases.
Parasites under the scalp
Subcutaneous parasites are common in hot, tropical countries. Getting rid of them takes much more time and effort than those that live on the surface of the skin. Under the scalp, wrists, armpits, gaps between fingers, a microscopic scabies mite parasitize, causing scabies disease. It feeds on the tissues of human skin, chews the subcutaneous pathways and causes unbearable itching. Another dangerous subcutaneous pest is dirofillaria. This parasite develops under the mucous membranes of the eyes, which can impair vision or even blind a person. You can only get rid of it with surgery.
Hairpin or demodex lives in human hair and eyelashes. Harmful to scalp and hair structure, causes excessive hair loss. At first, they feed on dry scales - dead pieces of skin - and then get into the follicles and cause severe damage, causing the hair to fall out. The mite on the lashes provokes the formation of white or yellowish scales between the hairs as well as their loss. This parasite often causes bright red pimples on the face. It may not remind itself for a long time, but when immunity weakens, it makes itself felt as a result of the above reactions.
Causes of parasites on the human head
All types of parasites enter the human body from the external environment. Lice spread directly from person to person or through the infected things. Fleas are brought into the house by pets, animal to animal, animal to human, and vice versa. Subcutaneous parasites enter the human body along with raw water as a result of swimming in contaminated water bodies, from animals, and through direct contact between humans. Demodex lives in the human body without causing discomfort and harm, but activates and triggers the extremely unpleasant symptoms described above when it comes to skin care, deteriorating hair quality, and using aggressive cosmetics.
Manage head lice
Treatment requires a specific approach for each type of parasite in the human head. Pediculosis is usually treated at home. Use medications designed for this, which can be in the form of sprays, shampoos, creams, emulsions. To choose the right cure, pay attention to the composition of the drug from the variety presented in stores and pharmacies.
Get rid of fleas
Fleas are a shaky inhabitant of the human body. He is constantly on the move. The parasite, after drinking blood, leaves the body until it becomes hungry again and seeks a new victim. Therefore, the more or less permanent habitat of this parasite is the room or animal hair. There are a number of medications for treating pets that are sold in pet stores. Various disinfection methods are used to get rid of indoor fleas. They carry out the cleaning themselves by purchasing a special tool or ordering this service from the appropriate service center. In addition, it is worth remembering that if there are fleas on an animal, you need to be sure that the larvae have already been laid in different parts of the house. Therefore, treatment of the animal alone is not sufficient. Disinfection of rooms is usually combined with treatment of animal hair.
Expelling subcutaneous parasites
Subcutaneous parasites are a much greater discomfort than skin, even if they do not pose a threat to human health. Treating hair against subcutaneous parasites takes a lot of time and effort. This type is difficult to diagnose because symptoms are often falsely considered a disease of the internal organs. They are most often disposed of by surgery, but some, such as scabies, are expelled with ointments, solutions, and other medications.
Demodex lives harmlessly in the human body until external conditions trigger its active nutrition and rapid development. Treatment requires a lot of time, effort and systematics. To cope with this problem, your own efforts are not enough: it cannot be done without an experienced dermatologist. Once you are sure that the symptoms indicate a demodex, you may want to upload:
- medicines prescribed by a doctor (preparations containing added ointment of sulfur, tar, zinc and mercury);
- antifungal ointments;
- anti-inflammatory ointments;
Be careful with demodex medications! As a general rule, these funds are quite toxic. Therefore, it is contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation, kidney and liver disease.
Like treatment, every disease has its own preventive measures. To warn your child about lice disease, you should teach him to use only his comb, hat, and not allow other children to buy personal hygiene products. In public places (cafes, schools, circles), we recommend that you hang your outerwear on a common hanger after turning it upside down.
Special flea collars for cats and dogs are used to prevent animal fleas. Bathe with pre-pet shampoos. As for the prevention of fleas indoors, it is enough to keep the house clean. In order not to face the problem of subcutaneous parasites, you should not drink unboiled water, swim in stagnant water bodies (especially in hot climates) and eat raw meat. And Demodex, as already mentioned, is not a problem if you follow the rules of hair and skin hygiene, using the right cosmetics.
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal parasites in humans
According to the World Health Organization, human intestinal parasites claim about 16 million lives a year. Human intestinal or helminth parasites can be identified by disturbances in the work of various organs, by changes in appearance.
Types of intestinal parasites in the body
The signs of worms are often similar to the symptoms of other diseases. It is therefore essential that a number of tests be submitted for the presence of parasites to determine the types of appropriate removal. The drugs chosen depend on the type of helminth samples.
The main types of existing worms are:
- Ascaris - size up to 40 cm. It enters the body through raw water, dirty hands, food. Ascaris eggs that enter the soil can live there for several years. In the body, ascaris larvae penetrate the intestinal walls, blood, liver, brain, lungs, heart. They exist because of the nutrition of red blood cells and nutrients.
- Toxocara - This parasite is carried by a dog. Toxocara oocytes enter the soil along with the dog’s defecation; they live in the soil for several years. They get into the body with dirty hands, such as when children are playing in the ground or sand. Once in the body, toxocara develops and lives without development. One adult woman up to 30 cm in length.
- Pinworm is the most common bead pattern in children, 1 cm long. It lives in the small intestine and colon; it multiplies by going out of the anus at night. He lays eggs on bedding, bedding, leather folds. The eggs ripen after 5 hours and re-enter the body through dirty hands, dust, laundry, toys.
- The tapeworm is wide - an adult reaches 10 m in length and can live indoors for up to 25 years. It enters the body along with raw or unprocessed fish and caviar.
- Echinococcus and alveococcus are carried by animal carriers. Inside the body, they find themselves through poorly washed greens, fruits, vegetables, raw water.
- Swine and bovine tapeworm (tapeworm) - the name refers to the carriers of these parasites. It can be infected with poorly cooked meat, bacon and meat products. The length of the bovine tapeworm is 7 m and the length of the pig ribbon is 2 m. Life expectancy is up to 20 years.
- Hookworm - infection occurs mainly through the skin while walking barefoot.
- Vlasoglav is an intestinal parasite that enters the body with dirty hands and lives on the intestinal mucosa and blood.
- Giardia - mainly observed in the child's body, it gets there through dirty hands, toys, household items. They multiply very quickly.
Signs of Helminths
Parasites in the human gut lead an active lifestyle. Their presence causes certain symptoms.
- Diarrhea: Worms produce substances that cause diarrhea in the intestines.
- Constipation: Worms can block organs due to their size and congestion. Helminthic invasion blocks bile and intestinal tract.
- Intestinal irritation, bloating, gases - the products of the activity of parasites cause inflammation, irritate the intestinal mucosa. Food nutrients are poorly or not absorbed at all. Fat gets into the colon instead of the small intestine. This causes cramps, excess gas and bloating.
- Allergies are caused by the release of toxins from helminth samples. The body begins to produce intensively protective substances against toxins - eosinophils, their overproduction and leads to allergies.
- Skin changes: acne, hives, wounds, eczema, possible rashes of ulcers. Cracks appear in the corners and the nails become brittle. Dandruff appears on the hair.
- Joint and muscle pain occurs when certain types of worms mistakenly search the body for organs or tissues suitable for their existence. When favorable places are found and settled, similar pains occur.
- Weight loss or overweight: weight loss is due to loss of appetite and indigestion; being overweight appears due to a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, so the feeling of hunger is constantly accompanied.
- Constant fatigue is associated with apathy, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration, and memory.
- Decreased immunity: the body cannot resist infectious diseases and colds.
- Anemia is due to the fact that certain types of worms adhere to the intestinal mucosa and absorb useful substances from there.
- Nervousness - caused by toxic wastes from the vital activity of helminths that irritate the central nervous system. Sleep disturbance, irritability, depression appear, in a dream a person clenches his teeth.
- Diseases of the respiratory system: when worms enter the respiratory system, body temperature may rise, runny nose worries; in severe cases, pneumonia and asthma develop.
Determining the presence of worms
To determine the presence and type of parasites, your doctor will require you to pass the tests intermittently. Fecal analysis is collected and submitted several times.
In addition, scratches are made on areas of the anus. In some cases, an X-ray with barium is prescribed. It is advisable for the tests to be performed by all family members.
Treat parasites and worms
If the presence of parasites in the body is confirmed, the doctor will prescribe various treatments after finding out the type and type of worms present. This can be a dosage form, and alternative medicine - the use of herbs - is a good helper.
The worm removal process can be divided into several stages.
- The first is to prepare the body for elimination. The intestines, liver, bile ducts must be cleansed.
- The second stage is the direct removal of parasites.
- Third - recovery of the immune system, after treatment of damaged organs, strengthening general well-being.
Medications are prescribed to remove helminths such as roundworms, toxocars, pinworms. Many of them have a variety of effects and can therefore be used against many parasites. You can also perform additional cleansing procedures with folk remedies using herbs: celandine, tansy, pomegranate peel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, wormwood, elecampane, garlic, wild rosemary, pumpkin seeds and other herbs. For example, wild rosemary and celandine are drunk from lamblia; elecampane - from parasites in the digestive tract, lungs, blood; pomegranate peel - from pinworms and roundworms; pumpkin seeds - from pinworms; cinnamon, ginger and cardamom are good preventative anthelmintics. Usually, decoctions of several herbs and herbal preparations are taken.
Adherence to diet during treatment
It is recommended to maintain a diet during treatment. The diet must include juices, dairy products, fruits, fibrous foods, carrots, beets, garlic. Be sure to drink more fluids. Taking medications containing food enzymes along the way promotes the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract; with the content of probiotics (bifidobacteria) - restoration of the beneficial microflora in the intestine. Vitamin C and zinc intake are also recommended.
You must follow simple hygiene rules to avoid contamination of helminth samples. It is clear from the causes of the infection that many parasites enter the body with unwashed hands.
Therefore, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, especially after walking, staying outside, using the toilet, before eating, etc.
In addition, you should regularly clean your living space if you have pets, give them regular mucosal preparations, and perform additional disinfection. Proper nutrition and drinking boiled water also play an important role. Do not buy products of questionable quality.
For prevention, you can take anthelmintics if you have a pet, if you live in a village or village. Taking medications is also recommended if children are in constant contact with each other (kindergarten, school); if you often have to travel abroad or go out in nature to relax, fish, hunt, etc.
To continuously monitor the condition of a healthy body, it is advisable to perform tests to check for the possible presence of parasites at a certain point in time. The most important condition for the protection of the body from the entry of intestinal parasites is cleanliness, hygiene and adherence to order.